Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Reflections

I wanted to say thank you to everyone that has been supporting me thought this year. It really means a lot! I'm just a little over have way finished. Its so hard to believe that at this time last year I didn't know much about Northern Ireland or the YAV program. It just goes to show you how much time changes things even in just a few short months.

I remember thinking this time last year about what I wanted to do with my life after I graduated, I had no idea (and I still have no idea) what would come next for me. I just remember praying about it and giving it to God, letting him handle it and then one day I an opportunity came knocking. After a few weeks later, on March 17th, 2012, I received a letter saying that I had been accepted into the PC(USA) YAV program in Northern Ireland and my life changed.

I thank God that I am able to be here in this place and to be given such an amazing opportunity that wouldn't be possible without all of you. I am truly grateful for all the many blessings God has given me but especially this chance to grow and serve. "A year of service for a lifetime of change." (YAV slogan) I couldn't agree more.

If anyone is thinking about becoming a YAV or about to undergo any other big life changing decisions, I encourage you to not be afraid. If God is calling you to something, don't run away from it like Jonah. We all know how that ended, inside a giant whale. It takes a lot of courage but, as cheesy as it sounds, anything is possible with God. Remember, God wouldn't be calling you if he didn't think you weren't right for the job. He doesn't make mistakes. If I can do it so can you.

A little update on me, I have currently raised over $6,000! I still have a ways to go but I'm getting really close. I'm also thinking about my options for when I go back home. So I appreciate the continuing support.

I thought I would include some pictures of my site to update, inspire and thank you.



Art project I made with my Beaver boys!
Senior group at Friendship House
Crafting with the after-schools club at Friendship House
 




No comments:

Post a Comment