Thursday, November 15, 2012

No matter what happens…trust God!

Its truly amazing how I remember things from VBS this summer that apply to my life. Every thing from the "watch for God" bracelet I wear everyday, to the bible points and bible verses. It reminds me that no matter how I feel, where I am, or what happens, I need to trust God.

I have been working here at Dundonald Methodist Church and at Dundonald Family and Community Initiative (DFCI) for almost 3 months now. I am sure that you are all interested as to what's new in my life. Well these past few weeks we have been dealing with some discouraging news.

The following is an agreed statement, which was read to the congregation on Sunday 7th October. Due to the current adverse funding environment, the Executive Committee of Dundonald Family and Community Initiative have reluctantly taken the decision that, as of the end of year 2012, DFCI cannot continue as an independent charitable association, or carry the responsibility for the employment of staff.
For that reason the current staff of DFCI have been given the appropriate notice, participants, members, partners and funders are being informed, and the association will be wound up according to the stipulations in its constitution.
The executive committee and staff of DFCI are currently seeking to ensure the continuity of programmes and projects under the auspices of Dundonald Methodist Church and/or other agencies.
We appreciate your continued practical support and prayer at this difficult time.

The hope is that some of the programs will continue on in some form. I will try to keep you all updated on what this means for me. But for now prayers are greatly appreciated. If you have any questions. Please feel free to email me.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment